*NOTE: Due to low registration numbers, the Adult Rec program will not go ahead in 2022. Interested participants are welcome to join the Adult Masters program.*
This full-season program is for adults aged 19+ and is designed for adult rowers who want to train recreationally and/or get more experience before entering the competitive stream. Athletes in this program may choose to participate in regattas and local racing opportunities but training to compete is not the main goal of the program. This program follows the Long-Term-Athlete-Development (LTAD) pathway of “Active for Life”.
Rowers must have completed Learn to Row or equivalent. The program will offer 3 sessions per week according to the 2022 summer schedule. Holidays include Canada Day, the evening before the Royal St. John’s Fixed Seat Regatta and Regatta Day in August.
Should weather conditions not permit on-water activities, we will have off-water workouts including dryland skills, boat basics, or fitness training, either at the boathouse or in the club’s erg facility. A swim test is not required for adult rowing programs; however, upon joining you must confirm that you can swim well and will be comfortable if your boat flips and you find yourself in the water.
The fee for full season program is $495. The price breakdown is as follows:
- $450 – SJRC rowing program
- $20 – Rowing Newfoundland (RNL) membership, the NL provincial rowing organization (mandatory annual membership)
- $25 – Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) membership, the Canadian national rowing organization (mandatory annual membership)
Program registration and payment details:
- Please register online at Rowing Canada
- Fee: $495 (includes RNL and RCA membership dues)
- Fees are paid by e-transfer to [email protected] prior to the first practice
- A program registration cap will be applied at the discretion of the SJRC administration, in accordance with rowing club boat capacity
- If there is insufficient registration in the Adult recreational or the Masters programs, the programs may be combined